Permanent Makeup! What is it?
To put it simply, permanent makeup (PMU), also known as micropigmentation or cosmetic tattooing, essentially gets rid of the everyday hassle that is applying makeup.
PMU never runs or smear, and is ideal for people with allergies to traditional cosmetics as well as for those who have a difficult time applying makeup in general! Women (& men) usually get these kinds of procedures to save time. The results are meant to be subtle. Think of permanent makeup like a delicate tattoo!
- Hair-loss due to chemotherapy, accidents, burns, or cosmetic surgery.
- Difficulty applying makeup due to age
- Conditions, such as arthritis.
- Allergies to traditional makeup
- Sensitive skin.
- Scar camouflage
- Areola restoration
- Hairline enhancement, and more.
Can also be used to cover-up:
- Stretch marks
- Freckles/age spots
- Uneven skin discolorations.
1. Research and read reviews!
2. Find a reputable, state licensed artist, w/excellent studio hygiene.
3. Consider photos of the artist's work.
4. Take zoomed in, clear photos of your eyes wearing your liner
5. Talk about how thin/dark you want the ink and be very precise; the more straightforward you are the easier it is for your artist.
6. Have the artist draw practice lines on your eyes beforehand.
7. Hand-tattooing is best.